How are we different? We are specialized in geriatric entertainment, tested, CPR certified, liability Insured, background checked, and adhere to high standards of professional excellence.
Click on any of our master instructor's find out more button to learn more about how we make our geriatric program special! Having a strong desire to serve our senior population, we all use our individual gifts and talents.
If you are interested in joining our Lori's Movin & Groovin team please contact us!
Each movement specialist has been personally selected and trained out in the field in many types of senior environments including: Independent living, assisted living, nursing and rehabilitation, adult day care, and memory care communities. Each instructor uses Lori's "Super 16" songs to encourage movement, but also adds their own personal touch to their programming using cognitive games and other fun activities. Because we strongly believe our seniors deserve quality, we have taken the steps necessary to be prepared for situations that may arise.
1. Each instructor must complete an instructor training course and pass an examination outlining:
2. Each instructor must hold a current CPR/AED certification.
3. Each instructor must possess their own professional liability insurance.
4. Each instructor must sign a non-compete agreement committing to execute all Lori's Movin & Groovin choreography in a safe way and uphold our professional standards.
5. Each instructor is subjected to a criminal background check and drug test using "Accushield" credentialing.
Once all of the criteria above is met, the instructor is then certified to perform Lori's Movin & Groovin music and movement programs anywhere in the United States for one year.
WE CHECK OUR SERVICES WITH OUR CUSTOMERS
A review / assessment of services questionnaire will be sent to each community after their performance. The community administrator is encouraged to review the instructor from time to time, and send the completed questionnaire to:
Lori's Movin & Groovin
246 Shrub Lane N.
N. Fort Myers, FL 33917
or email to: Lorismovinandgroovin@gmail.com
It is suggested that the communities hiring Lori's Movin & Groovin instructors keep this questionnaire and a copy of their current certification on file to maintain these standards of excellence.